Monday, October 1, 2012

to etsy?

With all this 'new hobby' fun stuff that has been occupying most of my free time,
I am really loving making hand painted signs, 
coming up with new ideas, playing with the paints, techniques...

I have been spending a big chunk of my brain space on 
thinking if i should open an Etsy store of my own to sell my work.
Though i would love to scream yes yes yes, and dive right in...
There are a couple things...

Should i do this, and just roll with it? see how sales go or not, and have fun with it?
Should i just continue to make signs as they come to mind, 
then either keeping them to myself...or storing them in my closet?!
Am i ready for a stranger to receive an order in the mail and then NOT LIKE IT?
Maybe i should just take custom orders from friends around me, keep it simple?
Do I just  make a big large collection of signs, get my fancy pictures ready...
then open a store, and post the listings??
Do i have to come up with a definitive style that defines me, and my work?
{cause all my pieces are really all over the place}
A store name? HA!

anyways, my brain goes in circles quite frequently...so we could do this all day, really.
As you can see my thoughts, and my brain processing is really wonky!
{dont judge!}
But I guess, really...am i ready for this?

Here are two of my latest and favorites!


Any opinions on the question at hand?
And store name ideas would be super awesome!
and...GO!




No comments: