Monday, April 11, 2011

coupon diva...not so much

If anyone else out there watched this show premiere last week,
and is insane like me and wanting to learn the couponing ways...
then please help me!!

I am so intrigued by the people on the show and the extreme discounts
they were getting on their insane shopping trips.
Now, i don't really wanna go in and buy 40 jars of tomato sauce,
or 20 bottles of maaloxx. Ew. not needed.
BUT, it would be very awesome to have my pantry nicely stocked,
and be proud to say i worked hard to save every penny i could save...
{and then buy diapers and formula with that saved money....}

BUT i cannot figure it out. serious. I have joined sites,
following new blogs, reading and reading...
bought my newspapers, and my magazines that are stocked with the best coupons...
i can {duh} figure out how to has 50cents on a can of soup....

but how the hell do i buy $5743.00 for only $243.00??
or, how do i buy $800.00 for only $35.00...
or $293.00 for just $2.68????
this is what blows my mind, and i need a more simpler step by step guide to tell me how to achieve this greatness....

and its not like these purchases were made at a thrifty shop,
they were like at Kroger's...Rite Aid, and Target.
Like hello???

I will not give up, i will not give up...
I want to save money at the grocery store and feed my family for free...
I NEED the money to go towards other living expenses...
in less than 18 weeks, i will be a mother of 5 kids...
WE WILL BE A FAMILY OF 7!!!

So. insight anyone? or just encouragement please to not give up just yet!
Happy couponing to you!!

3 comments:

Double the Giggles said...

I started couponing right after my twins were born. I was a little crazy with it at first, but now I know what I use, and what coupons to clip. (By the way, rarely do I use coupons at the grocery store, I shop with them mainly at the drugstores, so I get many cleaning product sand toiletries for free - I pay full price for food- haven't figured that couponing trick out yet.) Anyway, clip coupons for what you use, and be willing to try different brands of products. Wait until there is a store sale, and a store coupon for what you already have a manufacturer coupon for. Also, always clip BOGO coupons, because before it expires, the stores will most likely have a BOGO sale, making the item free. That is when I stock up. Usually happens with toothpastes, cleaning products and deodorants. Be sure to get extra coupons from neighbors and family, too. Good luck!

Cara S. said...

OMG, I tried it but seriously it was like a full time job that I could not fit into my life. But yeah it is pretty darn tempting when you see all the stuff these people get for like nothing!! New follower here, just found your blog!

Shawn said...

I wish I knew how to do this as well! There are workshops I can attend but alas I'm too lazy to actually get cleaned up and go!

I haven't been around in a while {hanging my head in shame} TWINS? YEAH!!!!!