Thursday, February 3, 2011

my crafty {flop} side!

I can always come up with some great craftin' ideas...
And when i get the bug in me, it usually goes like this...
-trip to craft store w/list...
-2 hours strolling through the store wanting to buy everything...
-leaving with too much money down the drain...
-home, and attempting my project...
-end result, a failure!
{always, serious.}

So i recently starting following a lot of new crafty blogs.
I love reading them, and love reading the simple instructions...
and always cheap prices.

So i thought i was ready to jump in, but start simple.
With making chalkboards for my chinchillins...
simple. spray paint. and presto.
I have lots of extra lumber in the garage thanks to our awesome moving company, and all my broken furniture...

Well, just as stated above...another project a flop. Serious.
maybe i needed more coats? maybe the material was no good? maybe cheap chalk was no good?
whatever it is...my goal was to start small as testers...and then make this fabulous find for a great addition to my house....
A quote board from Madigan Made



So i love this...so love it, and so want it...
and i WILL succeed in making this creation...
and then there are a couple other loves on my {want to make} list!

Oh, and side note, i really really want a Silhouette SD machine.
iwant.iwant.iwant.badly...just need to convince the hubs...
Happy Crafting!

No comments: