Wednesday, January 26, 2011

longing for home...

We have been official residents of Georgia now for 3 months.
yah, just a measly 3 months is all.

The kids are now adjusted to their new school
{but still refer to themselves as 'cause I am new...'}

I am learning my way around, and finding out where to travel
to get to the stores that i want to get to...
{basically all 40 minutes away or more....}

and my husband is settling into his new position here as a Ranger Instructor.
new job, new hours, new training, new adjustments....

But one thing is not getting any easier, just tougher...
Missing my family.

Yes, I am 28 years old, married for 9 years to my man, 3 insane kids,
my husband has been in the Army now for 10 years,
The first 10 years of his army career was spent right in Washington,
where home is for both of us!!

Right now, 3 months is the longest time i have EVER been away from my mom,
from my family, from my home...
and its not easy...
not one bit.

The kids miss all our family,
and i miss the food, dang it!! {just being honest!!!}
no home cooked lasagna, no steak dinners...no prime rib???
this is no way to live, i tell ya.

This all came rushing to my last night.
My husband is in a training school right now, and with him gone, its different then when he normally is away.
My friends and family are all so far away, and its tough to fill this void I am struggling with.

It will take sometime to get used to...right now, i am just fine with complaining...
kinda like yesterday about the gym?!!!
one foot in front of the other.....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it is so hard to get used to a new place, but it will get better! Like you said, one foot in front of the other. :-) My sister & best friend live in the Douglasville area. Not sure if that's near where you are? But I always do enjoy visiting down there, but maybe that's because I'm a sucker for southern barbecue. :-)