Monday, May 31, 2010

Remember, and Honor

today...
in the speed of life, its easy to forget, in the shuffle...
easy to forget the true meaning of things.
For some, this day will never again have the same meaning.
for many, we will always remember.

so, what is today for?
A day off? parties and parades?
camping trips, and a kick off to summer?
a day to finally start wearing white again?

Today is Memorial Day 2010.
This day is a day of remembrance for all those who have died serving our nation.
It is a time to come together and honor those who gave their all.
Remember, reflect and honor their ultimate sacrifice.

Remember the families – mothers and fathers, children and spouses,
who have watched their loved on go to war and who never felt the relief of their return. They will forever grieve for their lost loved one.

Please, stop and pay tribute to those who have served, pause and offer a prayer for those family members left behind, and be thankful to live in a country where there is a cost for freedom, and men and women willing to pay it.

Along with a girlfriend and her son, I took my children to Tahoma National Cemetery.
5 and 7 years old, I want my children right now to understand what today is about, and why we live in this amazing country, because of the service of our BRAVE.

Sgt Andrew McConnell and Lt David Wright
and all 5th Stryker fallen heros,
Always may we Honor, and never forget.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

This post made me cry, just bringing up the names, it's home hard and I have never heard of or met these men yet they fought for me. I am so proud! And I think it's great that you brought your kids.

Thanks for also sticking around my blog, even though I haven't written in MONTHS! :)

Ali said...

So true, so well written.

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

thIS WAS BEAUTIFUL!