Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day 24...

And finally an update!
sorry, slacker, its just how I roll.
If you are here reading this....
you are already well aware that i am a slacker!

So.
'Hows that Whole 30 challenge going that you once mentioned', you say?!
Its going amazing!
Today is Day 24...
Or, like i like to say, 6 days to go!

I will sum it up by saying day 1 through 9 was rough.
Really Really rough.
No energy. HUGE Headaches. No coffee.
I was stressed, i was angry. I was falling asleep during the day????

Then, whatever it was, the thing they say to wait for...
It clicked.
My energy returned, my workouts were better,
the idea of not eating all the bad food made sense.
And my recovery from workouts was far great, easier, faster!
My body and my muscles were thanking me!

                         quick meal samples...
1. Grilled Chicken w/ sauteed 
zucchini, onions and green peppers. 

2. a little fajita mix up.
steak, red peppers, and onions
topped with avocado

3. a quick lunch dish.
shredded chicken mixed with
pico de gallo, and avocado

4. Oh, yum. mouth watering.
Grilled hamburger topped with
grilled onion, bacon and avocado,
and grilled zucchini on the side.




And here is a nice image to keep it all into 
perspective when on the 
Whole 30 Challenge. 
Simple right?!




Now don't get me wrong, 
while there are endless amounts of amazing 
meals that you can make while on the whole 30 challenge, 
Its not always exciting. and in my kitchen, it does get repetitive.
But I'm surviving, and my husband is urging me to keep at it till Vacation day comes,
Which is 13 days away, versus just going another 6 days. 

What Am i excited about?
Im not gonna lie, 
Im firstly excited to step on the scale, and see my numbers results.
And then, 
Praise myself with rewards...maybe some ice cream? some smores!! brownies?
Oh, is that not the point of this challenge?
I will always be a sweets girl, and i will not apologize for my chocolate craving ways!

So, 6 days, I'll return with an update! 
And by the way, ditching the coffee was not nearly as hard as i thought it would be.
Like they said, its just coffee, not heroin! 

1 comment:

Debbie said...

awesome!
I only did one 30 day challenge before and bailed out after 6 days.