Thursday, July 28, 2011

in the hospital...

I am typing to you this evening from my hospital bed in labor and delivery.
I have been here for almost a week now, since friday evening.

Lets round up a quick story for you!
Friday afternoon, i felt icky, and started counting contractions,
and finally decided i should go in to be checked out...
When checking in, everything was good, they said i could be dehydrated...

Well within 3 hours, my contractions jumped, and i dilated to a 6, and 80% effaced.
I was loaded into an ambulance, and rushed to the nearest hospital
with a NICU that can handle babies born at 33 weeks.

I was pumped with all types of meds very quickly.
Steroids for the babies lungs,
and shots to stop my labor...
then magnesium to stop labor...

The magnesium was pumped threw me for 36 hours-ish, and ultimately put my contractions at rest.
I am now taking a pill, procardia, every 6 hours to keep my labor stopped.
Today i am 34 weeks at 2 days...
and they would like me to keep the babies in till at least 36 weeks,thats our goal.

Its quickly depressing sitting in this hospital room day after day...
my husband and mom switch back and forth with who is with me, and who is with our kids.
I am missing football and cheerleading practice that begun this week,
and soon they will have their first day of school.

I know this is the place i need to be,
but it gets tough...and lonely. and i just wanna run!!!

I sleep a lot...and smile when i have visitors...
I will try to update my blog when updates are needed...
Healthy baby boys is all we are wanting!

1 comment:

Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

hang in there,, hope all goes well and they can hold off labor for these next two weeks.